Who we are
Our website address is: https://reddreamstudios.com. This policy has been updated on May 24, 2018.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you use any of our contact or subscription forms on our website, the information you provide, such as your first/last name, your email address, and any message you may have included, will be kept at our office for an indefinite period of time. The information you provide will be used to contact you, if you are asking to be contacted, but will never be sold or distributed to a 3rd-party without first obtaining your explicit consent.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Links to other sites
Please be aware that while visiting the Site, or using the Services, you may follow links to other sites that are owned by third parties and beyond our control (each, a “Third Party Site”). Red Dream Studios is not responsible for the content or privacy policies of Third Party Sites.
Who we share your data with
By visiting our website, you are subject to data collection from services like Google Analytics, in order to both prevent any malicious intrusions, but also to monitor our own site traffic for marketing and/or sales purposes. Your IP address will never be shared with a 3rd-party. If you subscribe to our newsletter, your first/last name and email address will be used to add you to our MailChimp newsletter services and is subject to the privacy laws provided by http://www.mailchimp.com.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Where your information is processed
How to deal with Data Breaches
We have robust measures in place to minimize and prevent data breaches from taking place. Should a breach of personal data occur (whether in respect of you or someone else) then we must take notes and keep evidence of that breach. If the breach is likely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals then we must also notify the Information Commissioner’s Office within 72 hours.
Your data subject rights
- You have the right to information about what personal data we process, how and on what basis as set out in this policy.
- You have the right to access your own personal data by way of a subject access request.
- You can correct any inaccuracies in your personal data. To do so, you should contact our Data Protection Officer.
- You have the right to request that we erase your personal data where we were not entitled under the law to process it or it is no longer necessary to process it for the purpose it was collected. To do so, you should contact our Data Protection Officer.
- While you are requesting that your personal data is corrected or erased or are contesting the lawfulness of our processing, you can apply for its use to be restricted while the application is made. To do so, you should contact our Data Protection Officer.
- You have the right to object to data processing where we are relying on a legitimate interest to do so and you think that your rights and interests outweigh our own and you wish us to stop.
- You have the right to object if we process your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing.
- You have the right to receive a copy of your personal data and to transfer your personal data to another data controller. We will not charge for this and will, in most cases, aim to do this within one month.
- With some exceptions, you have the right not to be subjected to automated decision-making. You have the right to be notified of a data security breach concerning your personal data. In most situations we will not rely on your consent as a lawful ground to process your data. If we do however request your consent to the processing of your personal data for a specific purpose, you have the right not to consent or to withdraw your consent later. To withdraw your consent, you should contact our Data Protection Officer.